Saturday, October 24, 2009

The World Can Wait a Minute

A few years ago I was sitting at a coffee shop when the man sitting across from me got up as if in a hurry, but then paused. He said aloud, “The world can wait a minute,” and then sat back down and enjoyed the rest of his cup of coffee. His words have stayed with me ever since. Whenever I feel hurried, stressed, or under pressure I remember what he said, and in a strange way it eases my mind and makes me feel better.

Last week for instance, I was feeling under the weather, but felt self-imposed pressure to get my blog written and posted. I had the choice of either accepting or stressing over the fact that it wasn’t going to get written that week. I decided that it was more important to tend to my health, and that the world could wait until the following week to read my blog.

Sometimes we just need to give ourselves permission to take a little break. Where might those six words come in handy in your life? Whatever the situation, it’s okay; the world will still be there when you decide to return.

Have a restful week,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment